November 22, 2019, 11:03:16 AM

Author Topic: Roberto Jiménez Gago - GK  (Read 33367 times)

Dimitri

Re: Roberto Jiménez Gago - GK
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2017, 08:47:52 PM »
My initial response when I saw this was was I would be surprised.  Having said that, "professional" footballers reach a point of desperation sometimes leading them to consider questionable choices in their career for their supposed benefit at the expense of the feelings of the fans who support them.  Very few athletes today in this game are model professionals and the phrase "bleeding for the fanela" is a temporary term, not a permanent character trait.  The exception to this recently may be David Fuster.  I do not believe that he would put on another team's jersey as a player, but in the future as a coach? Had he stopped playing with us at age 30 instead of 34-35?  I think anything is possible anymore.  In the past, super Olympiakares like Nery Castillo suited up for another Greek team (Aris), and some players in our management now that were Olympiakares like Tasos Pantos and Takis Lemons suited up for other clubs (and those were different times from today).

In short, falling in love with players and believing they support the team more than we do is a wonderful fantasy, but the reality is what makes Olympiakos the greatest team on the planet is the FANS, period.

THRYLOS FANATIC

« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2017, 09:04:16 PM »
whats nery doing now?

Inferno7

« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2017, 09:10:43 PM »
Roberto once upon a time was citing the dangers of playing at Toumba  and all the trouble players face up there. Let's see how low he will stoop
ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ ΔΕΝ ΓΙΝΕΣΑΙ.......ΓΕΝΝΙΕΣΑΙ
Mονο περηφάνια  νοιωθω που γεννηθηκα ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ

Chris

« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2017, 10:49:41 PM »
I don't have a problem with players moving on to different teams per say... that is modern football. I have a problem with Roberto whining and complaining about the Greek League, paok and all the other non sense he spewed while he was dying to get out. Now he's going to turn around and join the team he cited as an example?

He's a joke if he does.

Attilio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2017, 10:29:15 PM »
Just Olympiacos & a club from the EPL are interested in signing Roberto...

«Ολυμπιακός και Premier League για Ρομπέρτο»

Σύμφωνα με την ιστοσελίδα pericosonline.com, γίνεται αναφορά στο μέλλον του Ισπανού πορτιέρο και πρώην του Ολυμπιακού και φαίνεται σχεδόν βέβαιο πως θα αποχωρήσει από την Εσπανιόλ αυτό το καλοκαίρι.

Το ποσό που θα χρειαστεί να δαπανηθεί, θα είναι αρκετό και παραπάνω – ίσως - από τρία εκατ. ευρώ, ποσό με το οποίο, όπως γράφουν οι Ισπανοί, είναι η ρήτρα για να αποχωρήσει.

Γράφεται πως τόσο ο Ολυμπιακός όσο και μια ομάδα από την Πρέμιερ Λιγκ είναι αυτές που ενδιαφέρονται και μάλιστα, σοβαρά και αναμένονται προφανώς εξελίξεις, αν και εφόσον φυσικά αυτό που γράφουν οι Ισπανοί, έχει βάση.

http://www.pericosonline.com/noticias/detall/31905/la-decisio-de-roberto

Inferno7

« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2017, 01:57:56 AM »
We don't need him. We have 3 very good up and coming Keepers.
I don't think there is any truth in this. Kapino is our new number 1 .

Red Legacy

« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2019, 01:40:01 PM »
WOuldn't want him back even as a third alternate.

He did wonderful things for us during the time we brought him as a loanee and then in his first two years as an official Olympiakos player. But I will never forget the bullshit he pulled the year we sold him.

Primadonna. Forced a transfer so we couldn't get full value all so that he could waste away in mediocrity in spain.

kru

« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2019, 05:26:36 PM »
^^^ this.  Hopefully this doesn’t mean that we are going cheap and not activating the buy out clause for Sa.

Red Legacy

« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2019, 03:20:42 PM »
Not signing Sa to a permanent basis would be criminal. Signing Kouka for anything over 1 million is blatant stupidity.

I trust the front office will do the right thing.

Inferno7

« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2019, 07:06:32 PM »
No more back to the future signings.
Roberto had his time with us, he did well for us but we look forward now and not to the past