November 22, 2019, 10:38:42 AM

Author Topic: Pedro Martins - Head Coach  (Read 2710 times)

Inferno7

Pedro Martins - Head Coach
« on: April 09, 2018, 01:59:39 PM »
Pedro Rui da Mota Vieira Martins has been announced by our club as our coach for next year. I’m not going to get into his biography and how he likes to play because I’ve done so in the past with other coaches who have proven to be duds.
Atleast with Martins and his early announcement we will have a coach in place before the start of next season pre season .

Wish him all the best and let hope he turn out to be another Marco Silva .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:30:00 PM by Attilio »

ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ ΔΕΝ ΓΙΝΕΣΑΙ.......ΓΕΝΝΙΕΣΑΙ
Mονο περηφάνια  νοιωθω που γεννηθηκα ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ

kru

Re: Pedro Martins - coach
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 03:11:39 PM »
If he is another Silva that means we destroy the league next year and he then bolts July 1, 2019 for a job in England.  :)

Good luck coach!

Attilio

• Global Moderator
Re: Pedro Martins - Head Coach
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 05:33:04 PM »

Agreement reached with head coach Pedro Martins

Olympiacos FC press release on signing Portuguese head coach.
Olympiacos FC announces deal signed with Portuguese head coach Pedro Martins.
Mr Martins will take on head coaching duties after this season is over; his full staff will be announced then.

Pedro Martins bio

Pedro Martins (Pedro Rui da Mota Vieira Martins) was born on July 17, 1970. As a player, he had a great career in Portugal since he featured in several clubs with his debut in 1988 under Feirense colors; he then played for Vitória Guimarães, Sporting CP, Boavista, Santa Clara and Alverca.

From 2004 until 2006, he was assistant coach in Vitória Setúbal, FC Porto and Belenenses; in summer 2006, he joined União Lamas in his first head coach assignment. Next summer, he agreed with Lusitânia for a 2-year spell, whereas in July 2009 he signed with Espinho.

In 2010, he took on as Marítimo’s head coach, where he spent 4 years and in 2014 he moved to Rio Ave, a club he managed for another 2 year period. In summer 2016 up until February 2018, he signed with Vitória Guimarães; In his first season at the bench, they finished 4th place and made it to the Portuguese Cup final.

So, now, at the age of 47, he takes on the helm of the biggest Greek club, Olympiacos!

http://www.olympiacos.org/en/article/73472/agreement-reached-head-coach-pedro-martins

kru

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 11:24:13 AM »
Landed in Athens today.  Good luck to him and let the roster review begin!  I wonder how things
Would have gone this year if we just paid the ritra last summer and got him then. 

Kozani5

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 06:56:58 PM »
If he is another Silva that means we destroy the league next year and he then bolts July 1, 2019 for a job in England.  :)

Good luck coach!

i think this is likely, after a few bozos we have selected a good one

Dimitri

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 05:42:36 PM »
I like him so far. The Portuguese managers have a professional style to them, and I don't like it overall, but I like the early signs from Martins. He has gained the confidence of the team from the early European matches and I hope he can keep the team focused on winning throughout the season.

Good luck coach!

Olympiakos_nyc

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 03:04:13 AM »
The Honeymoon is over

Your stubbornness has cost us and he needs to put in the right players.

The cbs you have brought in are complete duds

How diid we not keeps Engels and Cisse ?

Inferno7

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 05:36:49 AM »
Perhaps not all the players are 100% ready but there’s no reason why Vukovic should be starting over Cisse.
Once Toure, Guilherme and Natcho are 100% and regularly starting hopefully with Cisse also we will be much stronger. The goals will come .
And is it just me only  thinks Koutris is better than Tsimikas going forward.
As for Giannotis, all the usual reporters looking to find excuses for him suggesting this has happened to many great keepers.
Giannotis needs to be benched, he has serious handling problems, doesn’t show   confidence with crosses and has very poor distribution. He will cost us more points if he continues.

Red Legacy

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 12:14:21 PM »
I'd buy into Koutris being a bit more technically sound, but I like Tsimikas's effort on the field. If Koutris is indeed the "better player", it is not by much. I think they are both very close talentwise.

I'd believe that Martins is benching Toure for match fitness reasons, but you can't tell me Guilherme and Natcho are not match fit... Natcho especially looks good to start.

Olympiakos_nyc

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 01:15:20 AM »
Tsimikas is better than Koutris that’s no debate but Koutris will fill in nicely

Toure should be coming off the bench.

Waiting to start Cisse now as cost us along with Nacho

I don’t get why the coaches we get always bring in subpar strikers

Red Legacy

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 11:43:01 AM »
Guerrero was lights out in preseason and the first couple games of the season. Scoring in every game.

I'd like to see him get the ball more in the final third in a position to finish instead of making runs to create space for the likes of Fortounis and Podence.

Inferno7

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2018, 09:19:57 PM »
Martins lost the tactical battle against Gattuso. The match changed when Gattusdo threw in an attacker and a midfielder and Milan became more dangerous. He should have. Punters those subs by strengthening our midfield by bringing on Kamara. Fatigue was also an issue at that stage of the game because all those players were lacking match time.
Today Koutrus for me looked more am attacking threat than Tsimikas, a couple of beautiful crosses one resulting in a goal.
Guilherme looks the goods and so does Natcho.
Route is STILL a superstar !!!!
God help the opposition when he’s 100% fit.

Attilio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 08:23:21 PM »

Οι δηλώσεις του κ. Μαρτίνς

Διαβάστε όλα όσα δήλωσε ο προπονητής της ομάδας μας στη συνέντευξη Τύπου, μετά το τέλος του αγώνα με τον ΟΦΗ.

Το σχόλιό του για το ματς: «Στα πρώτα 45 λεπτά δείξαμε ότι δεν είχαμε σεβασμό για τον αντίπαλο. Όποιος ξεκινάει ένα ματς χωρίς να σέβεται τη φανέλα του Ολυμπιακού που φοράει και σκεπτόμενος ότι το πρωτάθλημα είναι εύκολο και τα παιχνίδια ότι είναι εύκολα, τότε κάνουμε μεγάλο λάθος. Αυτό είναι ένα μεγάλο και σημαντικό μάθημα για εμάς. Σήμερα δείξαμε ότι δεν υπολογίσαμε τον αντίπαλο και ο αντίπαλος έδειξε ότι ήταν έτοιμος να μας αντιμετωπίσει».

Για το πώς περίμενε τον ΟΦΗ: «Τον ΟΦΗ τον περίμενα όπως ήταν σήμερα και το έλεγα κατά τη διάρκεια της εβδομάδας ότι είναι ενωμένη και συμπαγής ομάδα και ότι θα πάλευε για το αποτέλεσμα. Το αποτέλεσμα δεν έχει να κάνει με την απόδοση του ΟΦΗ, αλλά με τον κακό Ολυμπιακό. Εμείς δεν ήμασταν αυτοί που έπρεπε. Δεν έχει καμία σχέση με τον ΟΦΗ αυτό που έγινε».

Για το αν υπάρχει λύση για να έρθει η επανεκκίνηση του Ολυμπιακού: «Φυσικά και υπάρχει. Η εικόνα μας στο δεύτερο ημίχρονο ήταν καλύτερη και προσπαθήσαμε να αντιδράσουμε. Στα προηγούμενα ματς είχαμε την έλλειψη τύχης, αλλά δεν γίνεται να μιλάμε μόνο για αυτό, αλλά γιατί ήμασταν αναποτελεσματικοί έχοντας ευκαιρίες. Στο πρώτο ημίχρονο φταίγαμε εμείς, αλλά στο δεύτερο μέρος προσπαθήσαμε να αντιδράσουμε. Αυτός είναι ο τρόπος. Να προσπαθήσουμε να αλλάξουμε τα πράγματα».

Attilio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 09:19:16 PM »

Εσώκλειστοι στου Ρέντη οι παίκτες με απόφαση Μαρτίνς

Μακριά από τις νίκες για τρίτο συνεχόμενο παιχνίδι πρωταθλήματος παρέμεινε ο Ολυμπιακός, ο οποίος ηττήθηκε με 1-0 από τον ΟΦΗ στο Ηράκλειο, χάνοντας έτσι κι άλλο έδαφος στη μάχη του τίτλου.

Όπως είναι φυσικό, στο «ερυθρόλευκο» στρατόπεδο υπάρχει έντονος προβληματισμός μετά το νέο αρνητικό αποτέλεσμα, την ώρα που οι Πειραιώτες έχουν μπροστά τους το κρίσιμο παιχνίδι με την Ντουντελάνζ για το Europa League.

O προπονητής του συλλόγου Πέδρο Μαρτίνς έχει πολλά παράπονα από τους ποδοσφαιριστές του και σε μία προσπάθεια να τραβήξει τα… λουριά, με την επιστροφή της αποστολής του Ολυμπιακού από το Ηράκλειο, τους ανακοίνωσε ότι όλοι θα παραμείνουν εσώκλειστοι στου Ρέντη.

Αυτό θα συμβεί μέχρι και την Τετάρτη (25/10), όταν και θα αναχωρήσουν οι Πειραιώτες για το Λουξεμβούργο για το ματς με την Ντουντελάνζ.

Με αυτήν την κίνηση ο Πορτογάλος τεχνικός θέλει να «ταρακουνήσει» τους παίκτες του και ταυτόχρονα να τους κρατήσει απόλυτα συγκεντρωμένους στη δουλειά τους, εξού και το γεγονός ότι το προπονητήριο της ομάδας θα γίνει για σχεδόν δυόμισι μέρες το δεύτερο σπίτι των ποδοσφαιριστών της ομάδας.

Red Legacy

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 04:12:23 PM »
Why is there such fascination with playing toure as a #10? Why don't you use him as a cm super sub, or starter that get subbed out early in second half ala Ibagaza?

We get better production out of Fortounis because he can take defenders on...Toure is not that kind of player. High level of pass accuracy and has vision. Let him play deep.

Fetfa has not been very productive for us on the wing. Would be better to let him be our backup AM and leave Lazaros/Podence as the starters on the wings.

I think you finally got the CM pairing, or at least the part about not starting Bouchalakis.