October 22, 2018, 02:46:19 AM

Author Topic: UEFA Europa League Qualifiers | FC Luzern - Olympiacos  (Read 1544 times)

alexocfp

Re: UEFA Europa League Qualifiers | Olympiacos - FC Luzern
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2018, 09:57:09 PM »
I know it’s one match against an inferior opponent in an inferior competition, but there are s lot of positive vibes coming out of match tonight.

If we play like this in Greece, rabbits, koula, and baog are going to be rioting by October.

Attilio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2018, 12:30:50 AM »

Olympiacos decided the qualification from the first match!

Olympiacos won 4-0 against Luzern and virtually has both feet in the UEFA Europa League’s play-off stage.

While playing an attractive football and continuously getting his fans on their feet with every action inside the pitch, Olympiacos won 4-0 against Luzern and made a huge step towards the qualification to the next stage of the UEFA Europa League.

Two goals from Lazaros Christodoulopoulos and also two from Guerrero, two balls hitting the frame from Kostas Fortounis and dozens of chances and nice efforts made up a beautiful football evening in Karaiskakis Stadium! Now the second leg next Thursday (16/8) in Switzerland feels like a typicality. However our team, as always, will fight for the victory also in that match.

OLYMPIACOS: Gianniotis, Elabdellaoui, Miranda, Vukovic, Tsimikas, Camara (90'+1 Torosidis), Bouchalakis, Fortounis (86' Fetfatzidis), Lazaros (78' Vrusai), Podence, Guerrero.

http://www.olympiacos.org/en/article/75386/olympiacos-decided-qualification-first-match

Red Legacy

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2018, 09:45:08 AM »
I know it’s one match against an inferior opponent in an inferior competition, but there are s lot of positive vibes coming out of match tonight.

If we play like this in Greece, rabbits, koula, and baog are going to be rioting by October.

If you go by the league coefficients, technically this game was an upset. Swiss league has a stronger footing than the Greek league does in Europe.

I also hope we continue to play like this. Consistent performances in this fashion will see us return to securing the league title by a couple weeks after winter break.

Attilio

• Global Moderator
Re: UEFA Europa League Qualifiers | FC Luzern - Olympiacos
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2018, 01:29:27 AM »

THRYLOS FANATIC

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2018, 06:45:33 PM »
going far in europa league will be great.anything to make us forget last year.and adding to our coffers is great too.

Attilio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2018, 02:30:59 AM »

Pre-match Press Conference against Luzern

Read below and watch the quotes from our club’s head coach, Mr Pedro Martins, and Vasilis Torosidis on the eve of the second leg against Luzern.

Pedro Martins:

On how easy is it to keep the players’ minds focused after the 4-0 of the first leg: “Good evening. We are a new team with a new coach and new faces. All players have in their minds the goal of earning a spot in the team. This by itself is a motivation. Second of all, whoever plays in Olympiacos must play to win. Third of all, whoever cares about their career must be concentrated on every match, regardless of the competition or the match’s decisiveness. For these three reasons we must play this match to win it. Besides all this, as we know, football is prodigal in surprises. It’s a sport where overturns might happen. We’ve seen teams that achieved a good score afterwards having a bad one. We must all be concentrated as if the match is 0-0”.

If he knows in what condition the pitch is: “Yes, I have the opportunity to watch the pitch. I know it’s not in the best conditions. Then again, our pitch was also not in the best conditions. These are the existing conditions in which we’ll play tomorrow”.

On the players he’ll use on tomorrow’s match: “That’s something you’ll find out tomorrow”.

On Luzern’s appearance in the first match: “It was fairly balanced. The first 30 minutes were rather difficult. We were very effective. We scored on our first chance, the other two goals came fast enough and then everything was easy. We know all this also regarding tomorrow’s match and we must be really careful because Luzern is a team with quality, a good coach and they will try to overturn the result”.

Vasilis Torosidis:

On his expectations regarding tomorrow’s match: “It’s a European match, we are Olympiacos and we must be serious. We must win in order to gain confidence, because we’re a new team. We must win in order to gain points as a Greek team, because we reached the point of playing qualifiers from July. We must gather points so as to enter directly in the group stages of both the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League”.

http://www.olympiacos.org/en/article/75481/pre-match-press-conference-against-luzern

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:17:04 AM by Attilio »

kru

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2018, 12:34:38 PM »
Any links?

Red Legacy

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »
I haven't used sketchy streams since I hopped onto the agonasport tv service through IPTV.

Cheaper than me getting the package through comcast for just spanish league and I get to watch every league in Europe including Greece.

Red Legacy

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2018, 12:53:35 PM »
1-0 22nd.

Lazaros header from Elabdalloui cross. Podence is making their defenders look silly.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 12:55:41 PM by Red Legacy »

Red Legacy

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2018, 12:58:17 PM »
Guerrero muffed a chance to put us up 2-0 when he had Podence right next to him on the break. Tsimikas with a nice ball through.

27th.

Red Legacy

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2018, 01:03:07 PM »
Fortounis yellow for elbowing Luzerne player in head.

32nd.

Red Legacy

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2018, 01:20:39 PM »
1-0 HT.

One way traffic. I think Camara can be a great engine in the midfield for us. He's had a couple of nice plays and has a lot of upside for him at 21.

Great wing play and support from our wingbacks as well.

Red Legacy

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2018, 01:38:39 PM »
Why did Lazaros steal the ball from Camara?

alexocfp

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2018, 01:47:29 PM »
Lazaros tearing shit up. Can’t recall a striker having this much impact in his first 2 matches for us.