December 18, 2018, 09:45:02 PM

Author Topic: UEFA Nations League/Euro 2020 Qualifying  (Read 754 times)

Red Legacy

UEFA Nations League/Euro 2020 Qualifying
« on: September 08, 2018, 12:27:18 PM »
First Nations League game is in about an hour. I know that NT discussion has been quiet for awhile but I figured I'd make a thread for the upcoming Euro related matches.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:30:04 AM by Attilio »

Red Legacy

Re: Uefa Nations League/Euro 2020 Qualifying
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 02:44:10 PM »
1-0 HT.

Great play leading up to the goal and a clinical finish by Fortounis.

Bouchalakis doesn't look crappy, just had a really bad shot. I think he's actually managed to win a couple balls.

kru

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 09:19:34 PM »
1-0 win.  2nd half was very sloppy.   
Bouch can look really good and very crappy within minutes.  He needs more consistency.

Red Legacy

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 11:09:09 AM »
Yep. The second half Bouchalakis went back to being his typical average self. Hardly winning any balls and not able to put a pass to anyone's feet.

Him and Kourbelis should never be in the midfield together. Neither one is very creative or a viable playmaker. At least Kourbelis can be a ballwinner......

As soon as Mitroglou got subbed off, things went sour. Fortunately, Estonia is awful so we were able to secure the result.

Kozani5

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 10:33:38 AM »
skibbe is an awful manager, there is enough talent to play a much nicer brand, we actually have some good attackers.

tzavellas on the bench and keeping tziolis around is laughable.

Red Legacy

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 10:53:49 AM »
I never cared much for Tzavellas. Lykogiannis doesn't offer a lot going forward, but he was stable defensively. I actually believe Tsimikas can offer a lot going forward ala Holebas but without the defensive fallacies.

I will never understand why Tziolis is still on this roster.

We'll see what happens today. If we play against Hungary the way we played Estonia in the first half, we should win comfortably. If we play like we did in the second half vs. Estonia, it will be a very long 90 minutes.

Red Legacy

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 02:35:54 PM »
1-2 HT.

Liked the lineup better than Saturday's, but still the undesirable Bouchalakis/Kourbelis pairing. Neither one has been very good. Both have given the ball away, and neither is winning much in the midfield.

Lazaros/Donis were good alterations to make, Donis is much more useful as our lone striker than Bakasetas. Lazaros should have had a goal.

Tzavellas has turned out not to be a better option than Lyko. Getting torched on the left side, made some really bad decisions and has given the ball away a few times.

The game was dominated by Hungary until the 23rd and after the 40th. We controlled possession once Fortounis dropped deep to assist  Bouchalakis/Kourbelis. Those two CANNOT be our midfield pairing going forward. Can't say I've seen many more average CM pairings in my life. I'd rather keep Kourbelis in there and have someone else alongside him.

kru

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 02:42:30 PM »
Tzavellas should never be on this roster never mind a starting spot. We need another midfielder.  Zeca???

Red Legacy

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 03:10:23 PM »
Such a shame having to watch Fortounis keep dropping deep because our CM's are the most uninventive.

Red Legacy

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 03:42:11 PM »
1-2 FT.

Unfortunate result. Second half we did dominate possession and had a number of positive attempts on goal albeit most were fired directly at the keeper.

Midfield continued to be terrible going forward. Although Kourbelis improved in ballwinning, neither him nor Bouchalakis are capable moving forward with pace or purpose. They receive the ball and look for the safest lateral pass they can make. We cannot have two of the same negative type of midfielder in the lineup. Keep Kourbelis, he wins balls and has energy, dump Bouchalakis. You can't tell me we do not have a midfielder that is capable of getting forward with speed and purpose. I'm getting flashbacks of the latter days of the special K midfield.... except instead of old guys with skill we have young talent with no skill in the midfield.

scarface125

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 03:43:06 PM »
Thought Fortounis had a good game, but little support. Skibbe has got to get this right and tinker with lineup. Tzavela's is a joke. Bouchalakis is not at this level. What blows me away is the lack of urgency we display as a whole. 2nd half we are down a goal to a shittier team. We had ball possession for the better part, but no pressure at all. Our midfield is killing us.

scarface125

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 03:56:14 PM »
Golden opportunity def lost today. With Finland winning and in the drivers seat and also allowing Hungry to climb out of a huge hole, we have pretty much put ourselves in must win wins situation. We cannot count on others for help and cannot fuck around anymore if we want to win this group. It's back to the drawing board. Damn this is frustrating

Red Legacy

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 04:06:19 PM »
Agree with you scarface completely.

No reason why Bouchalakis should be in line with our defense when we are down a goal and dominating possession. He needs to get forward and help apply pressure.

Kozani5

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 04:39:41 PM »
fortounis was the standout
lazaros didn't have the best of games
bouch looks worse than we he left for nottingham, doesn't even pass well as he used to. could just play mantalos there, he is probably better defensively bc he actually can run a little bit
torosidis was decent and showed alot of passion.

kourbelis stinks also, no where to be found when things are leaking, and pathetic control of the ball

Red Legacy

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 02:22:40 PM »
Starting Lineup for today's game against Hungary:

...................................Barkas

Bakakis............Manolas.......Sokratis.........Tsimikas

..........................Zeca.........Kourbelis.........

Bakasetas.....................Fortounis.................Pelkas

.................................Mitroglou

Much better although I am not a fan of the Bakasetas pick. We'll see how skibbe manages the game.