November 22, 2019, 11:38:01 AM

Author Topic: Kostas Fortounis - Attacking Midfielder  (Read 71920 times)

Red Spartan

Kostas Fortounis - Attacking Midfielder
« on: July 21, 2014, 07:14:51 PM »
Η ανακοίνωση της ΠΑΕ Ολυμπιακός:

"Η ΠΑΕ Ολυμπιακός ανακοινώνει την απόκτηση του ποδοσφαιριστή Κώστα Φορτούνη".

According to RP, he cost us half a mil....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:32:04 PM by oliakos »

MegasAlexandros

Re: Kosas Fortounis - Attacking Midfielder
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 08:33:57 PM »
Thread title needs to be fixed... 'Kostas' ;)

Red Legacy

Re: Kosas Fortounis - Attacking Midfielder
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 02:39:12 PM »
Had hopes for this kid after watching some of his performances with the NT. Hopefully he can contribute something for us.

scarface125

Re: Kostas Fortounis - Attacking Midfielder
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 04:13:01 PM »
I hope he gets some solid minutes. If he don't play, then he won't develop. If that's the case then he should be loaned out to a lesser team but gets lots of playing time. Time will tell.

Antegeia7

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 07:00:12 PM »
Welcome back Kosta!!!

gavros7

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 12:47:32 PM »
once he's up to par (don't forget he barely had a preseason training) I think he'll be very helpful and will surprise many

I believe in Kwsta, he's a much improved player..long season, work hard and you will get rewarded Fortouni!!!

Adrastos

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 11:49:38 AM »
I agree gavre, I was very impressed when he represented Ethniki in 2012, he was one of the best players.  Great passes and had his head right, he can turn out to be a great player.

gavros7

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »
very average game today..if he doesn't grab the opportunity in these type of games when will he??

I think he needs some minutes so he can get into some type of rhythm..i still believe he can help us but he needs to stop playing like a gataki...get some tsampouka in your game mikre..you're wearing the heaviest fanela in all of Greece

Kozani5

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 10:27:27 PM »
I only managed to watch the first half of the cup game but he didn't stand out (good or bad).

However I caught the last 5 minutes of the second half and the commentator said he was by far our best player in the half and made the biggest impression. Quite a few Olympiakos sites picked him out as the bright spot today, and Michel's comments seem to be very complimentary of him.

Once he gains match fitness and chemistry we will see more, he seems to be good depth to me.

gavros7

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 06:04:42 AM »
a coach saying that his player lacks conditioning and needs to improve on it, is not 'very complimentary of him'..i'm just saying!! ;)

for a kid that lived, trained and played in Germany, this is inexcusable...now if you heard that the vazelochannel was complementing Fourtouni, then I guess I should get my ears checked!LOL

Dimitri

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 04:53:32 PM »
The season is long, and we see some players take a while before really hitting their groove with the new club.  Recent years have seen examples like Fuster, Modesto, Makoun, Orbaiz… Hard player to figure out, I definitely think there is skill there and he can be a good player for us, but something is missing, right?

Be interesting to see how it plays out...

Inferno7

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 03:39:20 AM »
I'd love nothing more than a player from our academy to step up and become an important player in our roster.
ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ ΔΕΝ ΓΙΝΕΣΑΙ.......ΓΕΝΝΙΕΣΑΙ
Mονο περηφάνια  νοιωθω που γεννηθηκα ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ

Dimitri

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 08:48:55 PM »
Really liked him today, great presence for me in the midfield. His role should be like Chori's, like we saw in the first half. I don't know why Michel asked him to come further back later in the game. Hope he keeps up a good form, he can be a special player, I think.

gavros7

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 08:05:37 AM »
^if anyone can explain why Michel pulled his best player in Tripoli, I would like for them to explain it to me too!

another great match by Fortouni..pernei fora!! the only thing holding him back is his lack of conditioning and strength

Dimitri

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »
^^ ela nte! I too didn't get it, also we saw a big change in the quality of our free kicks once he came out, I didn't like Durmaz in that role, I would have had Fuster take the direct kicks.

I dot think he is resting Fortounis for the Juve match either with Chori expected to play. You're right, should've stayed in the match.