February 23, 2019, 12:54:51 PM

Author Topic: Kostas Fortounis - Attacking Midfielder  (Read 61981 times)

Inferno7

Re: Kostas Fortounis - Attacking Midfielder
« Reply #555 on: October 08, 2018, 04:18:01 PM »
He was saying to them εγώ σας γαμαω , after scoring that goal.
If Fortounis gets 1 match then Koula should get 5 for their fans entptering the playing arena and fighting with police.
ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ ΔΕΝ ΓΙΝΕΣΑΙ.......ΓΕΝΝΙΕΣΑΙ
Mονο περηφάνια  νοιωθω που γεννηθηκα ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ

Red Legacy

« Reply #556 on: October 09, 2018, 12:59:17 PM »
Red EPO at work.

Inferno7

« Reply #557 on: November 11, 2018, 03:55:04 PM »
Another derby game against the rabbits in which he did nothing.

THRYLOS FANATIC

« Reply #558 on: November 12, 2018, 10:18:56 PM »
we and i bag on foreigners but lest be honnest .when was the last greek who dominated a derby for us?

Olympiakos_nyc

« Reply #559 on: November 13, 2018, 02:40:42 AM »
Stelios !

Long time ago

Kozani5

« Reply #560 on: December 13, 2018, 06:54:59 PM »
gets shit on alot, but was awesome today and has the quality where under pressure he still can go forward and create chances

Red Legacy

« Reply #561 on: December 13, 2018, 07:10:02 PM »
Goes down too easily sometimes. Although the majority of the times he was fouled, there were 2-3 occasions where I thought he went down cheaply.

Other then that, he had a great performance.

Attilio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #562 on: January 28, 2019, 11:09:12 AM »

Inferno7

« Reply #563 on: February 12, 2019, 01:55:55 AM »
Another derby , and another ZERO performance from the lascadasical walker .
If he is our leader then we are well and truly fucked.

Inferno7

« Reply #564 on: February 14, 2019, 04:14:30 PM »
Fortounis never will be a team leader.
The open goal he missed against Dinamo with the score 1-0 actually changed the whole tie. At 2-0 Dinamo do not come back and our confidence as a team is that high that a 3rd goal is a possibility.

Red Legacy

« Reply #565 on: February 15, 2019, 04:46:01 PM »
Agreed.

I'm very much open to selling him this summer and pursuing the 4-4-2.

Inferno7

« Reply #566 on: February 17, 2019, 03:41:01 PM »
Can he play like he did in the 2nd half against Koula every week? If the answer is yes then that’s what we call a leader.
2 very nice goals but above all he ran and fought.

Kozani5

« Reply #567 on: February 17, 2019, 04:01:44 PM »
i think you are pretty harsh on him, or you have very high standards. granted i had class and had the game on the laptop so i am by no means saying you are wrong but i just noticed it a little bit ...

against dinamo he played with an injection, no? got a very nice assist on some hold up play, and from what i can tell dinamo knows our team runs through him and was physical with him. yes he dives and it gets frustrating but i don't think it was an awful performance like you make it out to be.

the missed chance also wasn't as easy as you are painting out to be. he rounded the keeper nice and on his weak foot with the defender getting back very quick he hit the post. podence missed similar one that probably was easier. should he score, yes, is it a wtf miss, not at all imo.

he has had a very good year, also had a few clutch moments like the penalty against milan and the goals today. and if we are to go through in ukraine, he will probably need to put in a performance and if we don't people are going to be on his ass.

he isn't a superstar, he is just a good talented player with strengths and weaknesses, he isn't going to make the diff every derby and every big game, but he wins enough matches where i think it is  reasonable to say he has been a very successful signing and player.

Attilio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #568 on: February 18, 2019, 08:38:43 PM »

Inferno7

« Reply #569 on: February 19, 2019, 01:00:35 AM »
i think you are pretty harsh on him, or you have very high standards. granted i had class and had the game on the laptop so i am by no means saying you are wrong but i just noticed it a little bit ...

against dinamo he played with an injection, no? got a very nice assist on some hold up play, and from what i can tell dinamo knows our team runs through him and was physical with him. yes he dives and it gets frustrating but i don't think it was an awful performance like you make it out to be.

the missed chance also wasn't as easy as you are painting out to be. he rounded the keeper nice and on his weak foot with the defender getting back very quick he hit the post. podence missed similar one that probably was easier. should he score, yes, is it a wtf miss, not at all imo.

he has had a very good year, also had a few clutch moments like the penalty against milan and the goals today. and if we are to go through in ukraine, he will probably need to put in a performance and if we don't people are going to be on his ass.

he isn't a superstar, he is just a good talented player with strengths and weaknesses, he isn't going to make the diff every derby and every big game, but he wins enough matches where i think it is  reasonable to say he has been a very successful signing and player.

Perhaps  I am harsh at times, but I'm not a fan  of players who want the team to work for them , rather than also work for the team .
Fortounis is way to casual, soft and slow at times  for my liking.  Doesn't run hard, doesn't come back to defend and  dives way too easy. These players are not my type of players and its not surprising  he never made it Germany .
He must like playing aekaki  though because when he plays against them  he performs, in all the other derbies he's offered nothing. For every 5 European games he may play 1 good one.
In the past we've been blessed with great leaders, Tzole, Giovanni, Rivaldo, Chori , Galetti , Karapialis and the list goes on.  These guys performed in the matches that mattered MOST  ( derbies and Europe).
And that's why I don't class Fortounis as a leader and want to see  better players than him  leading our club .
As for Podence, he s nota leader either, hesa zippier version of Fetfatzidi when he was 19 years old . Podence  like Fetfatzidi  is  good for a couple of dribbles , take on his man a few times but that's about it. He has no pass and cannot finish .
And yes, when it comes to Olympiacos I have very high standards.

As for the missed chance  against  Dinamo, that  Fortounis miss may cost us progression. At 2-0  after just 20 minutes the Ukranians are mentally finished and a 3rd goal isn't far away.  Fortounis  sis hard work by rounding the keeper,  slotting the ball home from an angle  with no pressure on you in an empty net should be a formality . Star players don't have a weak foot,  they have a weaker foot.
Tzole, Ribo, Gio, Karapialis, Chori ,Kovacevis, Alexandris  etc etc  all  finish that  chance  by putting the ball in the back of the net.
Anyway, lets see how he plasy in Kiev, I m hoping he puts ina big one and helps us progress rather  than read   excuses from his journalist  friends that Fortounis " was tired due to his Aek effort"