October 22, 2018, 02:15:59 AM

Author Topic: Transfers & Rumours  (Read 268998 times)

Red Legacy

Re: Transfers & Rumours
« Reply #2115 on: August 02, 2018, 11:42:09 AM »
Mirallas loaned to Fiorentina it looks like. Don’t think you need to worry about him anymore.

Multiple sources have said that both Standard Liege and us have met the asking price for Markovic, still haven’t agreed wages.

Then Turkish outlets say he’s on his way to Fenerbahce.

kru

« Reply #2116 on: August 03, 2018, 09:41:19 AM »
In today’s edition of “let’s bring them all back” .... rumors about Mitroglou. 

Olympiakos_nyc

« Reply #2117 on: August 04, 2018, 01:24:37 AM »
I thought when we were going heavily in a Greek roster it would be primarily players on loan and academy?

Torosidis is fine but that’s it no more past players

The club continues to have conflicting goals and issues and now were basically giving Paok the title !

Honestly besides the Sporting player signing the rest of the foreigners suck !

kru

« Reply #2118 on: August 06, 2018, 11:06:24 AM »
Apparently we signed Bivras Naktho ... I probably spelled that wrong.  Central mid.  30 yrs old.

Red Legacy

« Reply #2119 on: August 06, 2018, 12:36:50 PM »
Isn't this the Israeli guy that played for Paok a few years ago?

MSN Sport and some other outlets reported Markovic has agreed terms with us and will be flying in to sign.

It also looks like Ahmed Hassan Kouka, Egyptian striker for Braga, will be on his way to us as well. Fee has been agreed as well as terms with player. There is discussion ongoing about the number of and frequency of installments of payments for the player.

kru

« Reply #2120 on: August 07, 2018, 08:29:25 AM »
Rumors that deportivo gave the ok to the transfer of guillerm.  We shall see.

Olympiakos_nyc

« Reply #2121 on: August 08, 2018, 12:43:29 AM »
We’re doing a great job in getting these players signed quickly with a European game on Thursday lol

Marinakis is full of shit

I rather we go with a lot of young hungry Greeks and like 2 expensive foreigners at key positions and would take my chances

Red Legacy

« Reply #2122 on: August 08, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »
I think we need to have a little bit of patience here. We were promised an overhaul of the team and we have gotten it. Whether it is for better or worse remains to be seen. However, we have had "BAMs" brought in that turned out to be duds. In the past decade we have been exponentially better at identifying cheaper talent, developing it, and selling it off than we have in previous regimes.

As far as the quality of the transfers coming in, it appears to me that we are a tad bit disillusioned when it comes to what we can bring in. First and foremost, we are not in Champion's League this year. The prestige of being in this competition alone allowed us to attract players to the club. The sad reality is that for many players, our club is a stepping stone. Champion's League makes that step cover much more distance for those looking to further their careers. It also helps that the money the competition brought us could afford us some higher $$$ players we otherwise would not be able to afford.

In regards to the low risk/high reward potential signings that people have been discussing, I think we are seeing that. We just brought in Natcho for free after he had a successful run with CSKA Moskow...seems pretty low risk with high reward potential to me. Podence? Also free, young, and looks pretty good. Low risk, high reward again. I may not like the Fetfa signing, but also low risk in that regard.

I do wish we had a larger "Greek core" but before we complain that Marinakis went back on his word, let's put into perspective what we do have:

Masouras- easily our future at RB. Omar may be the initial starter with Torosidis floating around, but Masouras will be our future at this position.

Koutris/Tsimikas- 23/22 year old LB's both that had decent seasons last year. Koutris gave us glimpses of brilliance moving forward in a season where we were abysmal.

CMs- Bouchalakis/Camara/Androutsos- One is a promising young talent non Greek talent, the other is an average Greek midfielder, and the last is a young Greek talent with promise(and hopefully will unseat Bouchalakis as a starter). That being said, what other Greek DMish type of midfielder is available for us to procure? That has more potential and is better than what we have?

AM-Fortounis-maybe Fetfa will fill in here when needed

Wingers- Lazaros/Fetfa- Lazaros appears to be the more valuable option here given his previous season's form with Aek. However, Fetfa was probably the best available "Greek" winger we could get, especially for nothing.

ST- Ansarifard(if he doesn't get sold) and Guerrero will be the main choices here. But Manos is 23 and could quite easily break in to the lineup if he works hard.

Aside from not having any Greek CB this year, this looks like a solid "core" of Greeks to me.

This isn't to say that I'm not disappointed with the transfer season so far. But realistically, we are getting what we asked for.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:22:26 AM by Red Legacy »

Red Legacy

« Reply #2123 on: August 08, 2018, 03:54:29 PM »
Liverpool blogger for SBNation stated this morning that everything we're hearing about Markovic(despite being music to their ears) is probably not true.

http://www.liverpool-news.club/2018/06/rumor-mongering-lazar-markovic-to.html

alexocfp

« Reply #2124 on: August 08, 2018, 04:53:00 PM »
Liverpool are going to want at least 15 million.

No way would I pay that.

kru

« Reply #2125 on: August 08, 2018, 05:02:02 PM »
The new rumor for Guillerm is that siopis May be sent to Spain as a part exchange. 

Red Legacy

« Reply #2126 on: August 10, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »
Did we ever get rid of Engels before English deadline day? Brentford offered us 4 million pounds with Derby also in the mix.

Looks like we are in discussions to acquire Rui Fonte. WIth Fonte's name and Kouka being thrown around, seems to me like Karim will be sold. Unless we decide to keep 4 strikers on roster.

Saw something in Spanish media about Guilherme. Looks like Oly has made a couple of offers including part exchange that was mentioned by kru. Deportivo wants 4 million cash at the least with whatever player is offered(assuming Siopis). They wanted 5 million initially.

kru

« Reply #2127 on: August 10, 2018, 02:23:05 PM »
The team denied the rumors about Engels today. 

Red Legacy

« Reply #2128 on: August 10, 2018, 02:26:59 PM »
Maybe we'll end up keeping Engels after all.

Attilio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2129 on: August 11, 2018, 01:33:52 AM »

Αποχωρεί ο Κάμπελ από την Άρσεναλ – Φλερτ με τον Ολυμπιακό

Ο προπονητής της Άρσεναλ Ουνάι Έμερι με δηλώσεις του εν όψει της έναρξης της Πρέμιερ Λιγκ αναφέρθηκε μεταξύ άλλων στους παίκτες που αναμένεται να αποχωρήσουν από τους «κανονιέρηδες».

«Οι Καρλ Τζένκινσον, Ντέιβιντ Οσπίνα και Τζόελ Κάμπελ είναι οι τρεις παίκτες που πιθανότατα να φύγουν από το κλαμπ ως το τέλος του μήνα» δήλωσε χαρακτηριστικά ο τεχνικός των Λονδρέζων, ενώ οι Κοσταρικανοί υποστηρίζουν ότι ο Ολυμπιακός διεκδικεί την υπογραφή του Κάμπελ.

Ο Κοσταρικανός αγωνίστηκε στον Ολυμπιακό τη σεζόν 2013-14 έχοντας 43 εμφανίσεις και 11 γκολ. Πέρσι παραχωρήθηκε στη Μπέτις όμως μέτρησε μόλις 9 συμμετοχές και 2 γκολ, καθώς ταλαιπωρήθηκε από τραυματισμό.

http://www.zougla.gr/sports/podosfero/olimpiakos/article/apoxori-o-kampel-apo-tin-arsenal--flert-me-ton-olimpiako