November 21, 2019, 09:58:43 AM

Author Topic: Olympiacos Roster Analysis / Proposals  (Read 48664 times)

Inferno7

Re: Olympiakos Roster Analysis/Proposals
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 10:00:32 AM »
I don't get why Fortounis being left out of the squad is a surprise to you.

The kid hasn't played top fight football in almost 2 years?????????? What makes you think he's worth a spot on our 18 in CL? Dossevi is a head scratcher, but that goes to show how competitive this roster is.

In terms of raw skill, I wouldn't say we are "much" worse in the defense, but we for sure are gambling with the idea that the same cohesion will not be there. Don't forget, Siovas is back and I don't think Avlonitis is as bad as you think. Abidal's experience and skill will be fantastic alongside an in-form Siovas.

Avlonitis looked overawed in the friendlies. He made lots of errors. We need players with balls who are not frightened when they wear our jersey. If they can work with him in that department perhaps he can become a player we can utilise.
As for Fortounis I agree , he hasn't played any football in 2 years. If he works hard and is good enough he will be given a chance.
ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ ΔΕΝ ΓΙΝΕΣΑΙ.......ΓΕΝΝΙΕΣΑΙ
Mονο περηφάνια  νοιωθω που γεννηθηκα ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ

alexocfp

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 10:56:25 AM »
This is what the current squad looks like after the purchases, sales and loans were completed:
2 Ioannis Maniatis (DEFENDER)
42 Balázs Attila Megyeri (GOALKEEPER)
16 Roberto Jiménez Gago (GOALKEEPER)
23 Dimitris Siovas (DEFENDER)
17 Dimitris Diamantakos (STRIKER)
99 Olaitan Oyeneye Michael (STRIKER)
10 Alejandro Damián Domínguez (MIDFIELDER)
5 Luka Milivojevic (MIDFIELDER)
14 Omar Elabdellaoui (DEFENDER)
3 Alberto Botia (DEFENDER)
29 Praksitelis Vouros (DEFENDER)
20 Kostas Giannoulis (DEFENDER)
6 Ibrahim Afellay (MIDFIELDER)
25 Kostas Fortounis (MIDFIELDER)
18 Andreas Mpouchalakis (MIDFIELDER)
22 Éric Abidal (DEFENDER)
30 Salino Do Carmo Leandro (DEFENDER)
8 Delvin N'Dinga (MIDFIELDER)
55 Gevorg Ghazaryan (MIDFIELDER)
28 Nikos Vergos(STRIKER)
9 Jimmy Durmaz (MIDFIELDER)
67 Antonis Vatousiadis (DEFENDER)
7 Kostas Mitroglou (STRIKER)
24 Tasos Avlonitis (DEFENDER)
77 Matthieu Dossevi (MIDFIELDER)
11 Pajtim Kasami (MIDFIELDER)
26 Arthur Masuaku (DEFENDER)
27 Jorge Daniel Benítez (STRIKER)
33 Lefteris Choutesiotis (GOALKEEPER)
72 Giorgos Strentzos (GOALKEEPER)
34 Manolis Saliakas (MIDFIELDER)
19 David Fuster Torrijos (MIDFIELDER)

gavros7

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
I think Abidal-Sovas will prove to be our best combo over the course of the season regardless that speed could be an issue with those 2...

Totally agree with you...and it doesn't matter if they both use their left foot, right foot or their middle foot..only the best play under Michel

Red Spartan

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 01:40:04 PM »
It would be nice if one was a right footer, but I just don't see any right footer on the roster who could partner either Siovas/Abidal and improve that combo.... so yes, im on the same page as you too

If someone steps up and can oust one of them from the 11 when Siovas returns, best of luck to them

Antegeia7

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2015, 11:26:43 AM »
With the arrival of the new coach, Im sure we will see 2-3 transfers this winter period, as well as "transfers" within our squad. We need a CB and a Winger for sure, and possibly a CM/AM. By transfers within, I am referring to Afellay, Kasami, Durmaz, and Dossevi, who had lost playing time because of their relationship with the coach, and Salino who after being our MVP last season, was left out of the roster for most of this season.
The new coach seems to like playing from the wings, so we will see a lot more of the 4-3-3, and should see an immediate boost in goal production by our players. A solid CB, as well as a guy like Campbell, will provide us with immediate impact, and should solidify our team for the tough road ahead.

Inferno7

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 06:18:32 AM »
Karembeu has been in Australia the last week or so watching the Asian cup. Nothing special in the competition quality wise really , but if there is a player who has been a standout the number 10 for the UAE is a fucking  little gun. Reminds me of Karapialis , only better. Omar Abdulrahman . Young, fast and super skilful he is being tracked by a Premier league clubs.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:30:07 PM by Inferno7 »

G7oz

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 08:15:22 AM »
^ I watched that kid a fair bit this tournament and closely in his last game, he would certainly fit in well around with quality players around him, his team mates seemed to be on a different wave length to him last night though
Xoris mialo afou to exasa kai afto
me tin arrostia pou'xo me ton Olympiako
tha zo tha zo me ena oneiro trelo
o Thrylos na sikosi to evropaiko!

Inferno7

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 05:57:10 AM »
Regarding the roster for next season...more Greek players and less mercenaries thanks. I want players who will play with some heart and passion in the derbies. When you have players like Afellay who put on our Jersey just to be seen in the CL in the hope he can go somewhere else then it's no wonder we have been flat in the derbies.

gavros7

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 10:22:34 AM »
Regarding the roster for next season...more Greek players

makrua kai agapimena opws lene sto xwrio mou!! :P

we're in need of world class players for our starting 11ada..Greeks cannot fill that void felt this season...gnwmi mou

RED DEVIL

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 10:43:13 AM »
In my opinion there will be many new additions and changes next season in the roster and lots of work has already began from our officials. We fielded a footy team this season we felt was good enough to win the championship and do well in europe. We did both this season. Any current footy player not happy playing for the team they know very well were to find the doors and leave. No one is bigger than the team and our shirt is a heavy jersey to carry. We are doing everyone a favor giving them a chance to play for the club and they should all be grateful. As for upcoming new faces, I am not worried at all, administration will be ready this summer as we have old 'pelates' promoted back in the superleague so the quality will rise in our signings. The most important thing to always remember is when it comes to academy players versus foreigners is that the best players of the superleague always play for the legends. Let`s finish off the season with the double.
- Ολυμπιακός για μένα σημαίνει να είσαι Πρωταθλητής σε όλα στη ζωή σου, όπως ακριβώς και η ομάδα μου.

Red Spartan

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 03:12:24 PM »
As ive said over the years, il say again now

I want players exactly as inferno describes, I just don't care what their passports say

The best 11 to start every match, and the best free agents possible to be brought in... wether they are greek, black, white or purple makes no difference to me

Inferno7

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2015, 06:06:07 AM »
So who from the current roster do you want to  see released?

Santana, Mitroglou , Afellay , Diamantakos is a start. Megyeri and Kasami may be going and aim  thinking a couple of the fringe Greek  players like Bouchalakis and Avlonitis will go also.

Marcus

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2015, 06:36:55 AM »
I'd keep some of the younger ones to see if they find a space for another year - I'm thinking Diamantikos, Bouchalakis and Avlonitis specifically.
The one's I'd get rid of are :-

Milivojevic or N'Dinga (buy one of them), Afellay, Mitroglou, Megyeri, Santana, Ibrahim (his islamic tweets piss me off), Yatabaré , Katai, Pelé

Last chance saloon :- Vlachodimos, Giannoulis, Durmaz, Scepovic

Inferno7

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2015, 07:11:42 AM »

, Ibrahim (his islamic tweets piss me off),

We don't need crap like that anywhere near our club, he can go preach elsewhere.

gavros7

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2015, 08:52:29 AM »
what did he tweet??