September 19, 2019, 04:05:23 PM

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League  (Read 37935 times)

Inferno7

Re: UEFA Champions League
« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2019, 03:24:17 PM »
Spurs home
Red star away
Bayern home
Bayern away
Spurs away
Red star home .

The dates are good. We play the 2 strongest teams in the group at home first , so it gives us an opportunity to potentially bag some points in the first 3 match days. Red star will be hard away from home but we have an opportunity to build momentum.
Mario Marin and Ben are on their roster. We have better.

1η αγωνιστική
18 Σεπτεμβρίου
19:55 ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ-Τότεναμ

2η αγωνιστική
1 Οκτωβρίου

22:00 Ερυθρός Αστέρας-ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ

3η αγωνιστική
22 Οκτωβρίου
22:00 ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ-Μπάγερν Μονάχου

4η αγωνιστική
6 Νοεμβρίου
19:55 Μπάγερν Μονάχου-ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ

5η αγωνιστική
26 Νοεμβρίου
22:00 Τότεναμ-ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ

6η αγωνιστική
11 Δεκεμβρίου
22:00 ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ-Ερυθρός Αστέρας
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 03:28:09 PM by Inferno7 »
ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ ΔΕΝ ΓΙΝΕΣΑΙ.......ΓΕΝΝΙΕΣΑΙ
Mονο περηφάνια  νοιωθω που γεννηθηκα ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ

Attilio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2019, 09:43:22 PM »

Attilio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2019, 04:08:34 AM »

kru

« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2019, 02:32:43 PM »
Based on the failures of aek and paok, it is up to us to keep our rank for next year. Our target should be 3rd.

Red Legacy

« Reply #289 on: September 03, 2019, 03:40:35 PM »
I hadn't seen anyone post about this so I figured I'd bring up some great financial news related to the club.

As a result of our club's coefficient and and qualifying for the group stage, Olympiacos is guaranteed 28.5 million euro even if we lose every game.

Since Paok failed to qualify for champion's league, we also will get 100% of the TV rights money awarded. If this follows as it did in the past, this should add another 7-10 million to our payout. Olympiacos will receive at least 35.5 million in uefa payouts if we do not win a game.

Every group stage win awards 2.7 million and draw is 900,000. I think it is realistic that we could pull 40+ after this campaign.

Inferno7

« Reply #290 on: September 03, 2019, 03:53:55 PM »
Big money playing in the CL
I agree realistically we should be going for 3rd spot . We can make a run at the Europa.
Having said that, Spurs aren’t at their best, they have some great players but Pocchetino is far from happy there, along with a couple of players.
A win in the opening match day against Spurs can really shake the group up .
It’s also possible we may play Red Star away in a closed stadiums as uefa have charged them with fans trouble against Young Boys .

ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ ΔΕΝ ΓΙΝΕΣΑΙ.......ΓΕΝΝΙΕΣΑΙ
Mονο περηφάνια  νοιωθω που γεννηθηκα ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ

Red Legacy

« Reply #291 on: September 04, 2019, 11:19:40 AM »
Here's our CL list:

Goalkeepers: Jose Sa, Bobby Allain.

Defenders: Ruben Semedo, Omar Elabdellaoui, Pape Abou Cisse, Yassine Meriah, Avraam Papadopoulos, Vasilis Torosidis, Konstantinos Tsimikas, Bruno Gaspar.

Midfielders: Andreas Bouchalakis, Mohamed Camara, Daniel Podence, Guilherme, Giorgos Masouras, Lazar Randjelovic, Yassine Benzia, Mathieu Valbuena, Maxi Lovera.

Forwards: Miguel Angel Guerrero, Youssef El Arabi.

Notable Exclusions: Soudani and Koutris

I'm assuming that Koutris and Soudani will be the day in and day out players at their positions in Greece. I was surprised to see Koutris was not included.

scarface125

« Reply #292 on: September 11, 2019, 04:51:39 AM »
Well I think that we have a great opportunity to catch the Spurs with their pants down. We have been playing some great football of late. They haven't exactly. We are on a roll, in the groove. Coach Martins has got the players believing. Let's throw in the hot Athenian sun and the madhouse of Karaiskaki, and it equals 3 pts in my books. The question is....Does Pedro go with virtually same lineup that got us here, or risk the balance by implementing any of our new signings?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:54:52 AM by scarface125 »

Red Legacy

« Reply #293 on: September 11, 2019, 10:24:44 AM »
I think Martins's actions speak for themselves. He's never been the "risk it for the biscuit" type of manager. He is not afraid to tinker with the lineup(as we saw all last year) but he also doesn't change what's working.

We used the same lineup in all of the qualifiers despite bringing new signings during them. Going from the back, it will definitely remain the same. I feel that he will ride Bouchalakis/Guilherme until Bouchalakis's form dwindles, then Camara will take his place back in the lineup. At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if Camara started. I'm 85% sure Bouchalakis will start as we will start the game in a more defensive approach. Bouchalakis sits in front of the defensive line usually and provides extra cover.

If there is a change, it will most likely come in the front. Valbuena has been solid in the #10 role. I don't think he will be changed. Neither will Podence. I'm also pretty sure Masouras will be starting as well. Even his lackluster displays still feature a lot of ground being covered defensively and a few great targets on goal. If he is replaced, it will be by Randeljovic. The change I believe is most likely to occur would be El Arabi for Guerrero, if a change is made. Again, with a defensive approach to the game Guerrero pressures the opposing backline the best and that is something we know Martins values highly.

Only Martins has seen what the new guys have to offer. Unless they have shown something unbelievable in practice. I doubt we will see much of a change in the first game.